Re: OT: Deal/Toy of the week - Network Cabling Kits

At 12:09 AM 6/9/2003, you wrote:

>There's a great deal on bulk cat5e (1000ft) with crimper, tester, and
>rj-45 ends. $45 plus shipping (I'm guessing about $10).  Even then, it's a
>good deal.  If there's 4 people interested, I can get an extra $5 off
>each.

Is this plenum cable (fire rated), normal wall cable, or patch-cord cable?
Note that if it's normal plenum or wall cable, crimping RJ45s is NOT a
recommended practice (only patch-cord cable, which is more flexible, is
designed for crimp-on connectors). Normal 'wall' and plenum cable should
only be terminiated with jacks and a punch-down tool on patch panels.

         Lee