Re: Are Goto's in the Linux Kernel necessarily bad?

On Sat, 2003-02-15 at 10:56, Steven Pritchard wrote:

> And what makes the Linux kernel unstable 99.9% of the time is
> hardware.  No amount of good programming practice helps when some
> piece of hardware does something it isn't supposed to do (or doesn't
> do something it *is* supposed to do).

Thank you Steven and others:

 I was concerned as I heard that the use of these goto's was bound to
produce instability. Thanks for clearing that up. I was very tempted to
switch to FreeBSD. However doing an update (portupgrade) with FreeBSD,
over a modem, is quite challenging. While the cvsup (the actual
prescription for the pcakages to be updated) is fairly easy, it seems
that actual packages come from a multitude of different sites and
therein lies the problem. With some of these sites I get awful
connections. So I will stick with Linux and just get the FreeBSD 4.8
toolkit, from FreeBSD Mall, next time. This toolkit comes with the
necessary packages. Thanks for assuring me that the Linux lernel has no
terrible flaws in it.

					Regards,
					Jonathan