Re: FVH 2 Jan meeting topic

On Sun, Dec 29, 2002 at 05:03:08PM -0600 or thereabouts, Robert G. (Doc) Savage wrote:

> This is not to say that Red Hat is invulnerable, or can't be installed
> badly. I can tell you that a primary DNS server I installed at a client
> site has survived more than two years of constant, determined attempts
> by hackers from Canada, France, Germany, Russia, and many other places.
> It's running RH7.1 and is NOT protected by a firewall. It WAS set up by
> an RHCE (moi) who knows what he's doing.

I would never use BIND for a content or resolving proxy server again.  I
moved over to tinydns and dnscache, part of djbdns several months ago, and
never looked back... It is so much easier to set up, faster, easily
handling over 5000 queries a second, and has never been cracked..

--
Gary

    sed '/^[when][coders]/!d
        /^...[discover].$/d