Re: Installing Java Virtual Machine

Actually, the Java SDK is up to 1.4.1.  You can get it (or probably got
it) at http://java.sun.com.  Get the .bin file that, after you execute it,
creates a .rpm file.  Installing it via rpm will give you a directory tree
that starts with /usr/java/...

I use Mozilla and all I had to do to install the Java VM was:

(1) cd to /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
(2) ln -s /usr/java/j2re1.4.1/plugin/i386/ns610/libjavaplugin_oji.so .

That's it!  Then go into Mozilla and use the "Help/Plugin" (or whatever
it's called) and the Java VM should show up.

Hope this helps,
Charlie

P.S.  If all you want is the plugin (i.e., you don't want to actually
      program in Java), you probably should just download the jre (Java
      Runtime Environment).