Re: Dial in solution need advice

On Tue, 2002-02-26 at 20:21, Steven Pritchard wrote:
> I had good luck some number of years ago (at least four now) with a
> crappy old ISA Digiboard, some external USR Couriers, and a default
> configuration of mgetty on Red Hat (4.2 at the time, I think).  It is
> *totally* painless.

What do you think about the multi port modem cards like the ones form
Perle
http://www.perle.com/products/prod_family/modem_cards/pci_ras.html?  Or
for something this simple would it just be better to go with a serial
card and some external modems like you did some years ago?

> If you want to support 56k dial-in, you need some specialized
> equipment (ISDN PRI card + DSP, Spellcaster used to sell one), but
> other than that it should be just as simple.

33.6k is I think the max we are going to be able to get with reasonable
costs.  Just using regular analog modems at least.

Thanks
Jason
--
Jason Smith