Re: Dell stops offering Red Hat on desktops

On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, Nate Reindl wrote:

> Steven Pritchard said:
> > ... I have seen a high school simply convinced that Linux is a Good
> > Thing.  That high school has the most successful computer program that
> > I have ever seen.  They're lucky they had such a good bunch of
> > students...
>
> Speaking of that, OTHS (O'Fallon Township High School =>
> http://www.oths.k12.il.us/) has a rather nice computer program by the looks
> of their web team. Hackers within the student body writing backend and
> frontend scripts in Perl for a web server running a severely hacked up
> install of Red Hat running on an older configuration. This isn't the same
> school that you're talking about, eh?

Nope, he's speaking of Springfield High School, in Springfield, IL. They
have an entire Linux lab, and have all their servers running Linux. This,
and the entire school network was set up by the high school students. They
are also doing development, multimedia, and various other projects all on
Linux. They host an annual technical fair for students in the state, and
participate in the big student tech fair in Chicago. They are a great
group of students!

Author, RHCE Exam Cram
Director of Exam Development            http://www.lpi.org/
Site Manager                            http://www.LinuxUsersGroups.org/