Re: Dell stops offering Red Hat on desktops

Steven Pritchard wrote:

> <snip>
>
> 1) Dell was never serious about Linux on desktops.
>
> I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't recall ever seeing a
> Dell ad on TV that mentioned Linux as an option.

Every two or three months Dell sends me their latest catalog.  I
look through it contemplating buying a new desktop or notebook.
I then look thru it again to see if any of the machines are offered
with Linux pre-installed.  That would imply that they support using
the modems, screen display and other gadgets with Linux.  They don't.
So I throw the catalog in the trash.

stan