Re: IPSEC and Linux

On Wed, 31 Jan 2001, Flood Randy Capt AFCA/GCF wrote:

> Has anyone ever done anything with IPSEC under Linux?

	I am rolling out FreeSWAN here at Penguin for offsite access.  We
are very pleased with the performance, and functionality.

> Has anyone gotten FreeSWAN to compile under Red Hat 7.0?  Is there another
> IPSEC package? An IPSEC rpm?

	We use 6.2 (as a distribution), and it works fine.  However,
FreeSWAN is primarily kernel patches with a few small user space binaries,
so the main concern is whether the kernel will take the patch.  We use
a vanilla 2.2.18 built specifically for the machine that we are running
FreeSWAN on.  RedHat applies numerous patches to their distribution
kernels, so you may run into problems there.