Re: Interesting story about Linus

Well, the entire philosophy on open source and on linux in general is that every one contributes.  That no one person dominates any aspect of it, and that all have equal contributions to the software.  Some don't like this, but I don't think Linus tells everyone else what to do, and that is the end of the story.  I think he values other input and uses it in the kernel reguardless of whether or not he agrees with it.  I think he is more of a figure head than a dictator, and that's what needs to happen.

plus, I can't really complain about what he has done so far.

Ryan

Ruth Wolfson wrote:

I came across this story on the web, about Linus killing Linux?  Thought some of you might be interested in reading it, if you haven't already seen it. http://www.techweb.com/wire/story/TWB20010126S0013 Any thoughts on this?Ruth ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ If it's green, it's biology.
If it smells, it's chemistry.
If it doesn't work, it's physics!