Re: Network ??

> I tried the ping -I eth0 luci.org and nothing happened.  I tried this in a
> dos window and it didn't do anything either.

I just used that domain for an example. It's firewalled, so it's not a
good idea for testing. The -I forces ping to use the specified device. Try
using whatever IP (or domain) you know responds...

Not saying that's the problem, but I don't want it to be something silly
like dropping the ICMP responses (or something).

How does your routing table look? (netstat -rn, /sbin/route). Are your
local network IP and gateway IPs showing the correct Interfaces (Iface) ?

Author, RHCE Exam Cram
Director of Exam Development            http://www.lpi.org/
Site Manager                            http://www.LinuxUsersGroups.org/