Now we're cookin'

Great discussion thread. Anybody writing down all these topics. Phew!

Randy, I'll be checking out the RedHat site immediately after sending this. The 19 other people in my class are mostly newbies. A couple of them had unsuccessfully tried installing Linux, and another one got it to install but then had no clue of what to do with it. I think there would be tremendous interest in a Demo day at least from the standpoint of 19 people. I think most of them would appreciate a complete RedHat install kit. Our book comes with a publishers version of RH 6.0. Real minimal.

The class is only based upon a user of the OS and there is no sys admin stuff at all. Kind of dull. A demo day may convince the powers that be to add an Advanced Unix (sys admin) type of thing if they see there is enough interest. The library has been moved to the new IS building now (hint, hint!) Maybe they would even let us tap their T1 to show the Cisco and NT people what it's all about. Just a thought.

BTW Larry, I was going to have to rule out attending the Sunday School (chuckle, chuckle) due to conflicts with my sleeping time, but they have seen fit (and I have the seniority) to give me Sunday and Monday off. So looks like I'll be there. Any reference material that you need?

Steve