Re: RE: (hopefully simple) sendmail question

Stan Reichardt said:
> Now for fixing what you've got.  If you have used the "Charlie"
> account quite a bit, I would just edit the user name in the /etc/passwd,
> /etc/group, and /etc/shadow file.  Then I would "mv" the /home/Charlie
> directory to /home/charlie directory.
>
> Or, does anyone know of reason(s) not to do it that way?

That's exactly how I would fix it.

You might also do a "find /home/charlie -type f -exec grep -Hn Charlie
{} \;" to make sure no files in the home directory need to be fixed.
(Some config files or scripts might refer to the username or home
directory incorrectly.)

(618)398-7320             | See web site for meeting details.