Mounting Vfat Partitions

You're not going to believe this, but this problem has caused my hair to
turn white!
I have two harddrives in my computer:  hda runs Windows 98 with serveral
VFAT partitions (hda1 - hda8), hdb is my Linux drive and again it has
several partitions (/home,
/usr, /var.etc).

When I installed RedHat 6.2 I mounted hda7 as /windows/f and hda8 as
/windows/g.  So far, so good!
File Manager shows:  /windows
                                    /f
                                    /g
Again, so far, so good.  Permissions for /windows is set at 775 giving root
and group permission to read and write.  The problem is that /f and /g have
permissions of 755
allowing only root to write to the two partitions.  I want all users to be
able to write to /f and /g.

I've gone in as root to change permissions and I get an error stating
"operation not permitted."

With RedHat 6.1 I never had a problem.  Does anybody have a fix.  I'll bet
it is something really simple but I'll be dog-gone if I can figure it out!

If you have any ideas my home e-mail is lwhite@apci.net and my home phone
is 624-5531

Thanks