Re: lilo, the kernel and 128M ram

Richard Fifarek said:
> 	The syntax is append="mem=128M" in lilo.conf, give that a
> try.  Otherwise, 2.4.0 will no longer require that tag, iirc.

No recent 2.2.x kernel should either.  If you do need it, you've
probably got a buggy BIOS, so 2.4.x might not see the memory any
better than 2.2.x does.

Here's how Alan Cox put it in a recent message to linux-kernel
(<E13qOb5-0007Pw-00@the-village.bc.nu>):

> BIOS error. Ask the vendor to fix E801 sizing. Could be your old kernels had
> the hack to try E820 (windows uses this so the BIOS writing morons have to
> get it right) [sorry the quality of BIOS QA is on my rant list, it appears to
> be 'boot windows and ship']

So either use the lilo append option, or go looking for BIOS
upgrades...

(618)398-7320             | See web site for meeting details.