RE: Certification

Many people are interested in Linux, but only get tangencial experience from
their job.  Say that 90%+ of the stuff you do at work is with Windows NT,
and that only a small part of it is with Linux if any.  How can you
transition yourself to do more Linux-related work?

There are two things you can do.  The first is getting a certification.  The
second is getting more Linux experience.

In my case, I accomplished the first goal by getting my RHCE certification.
The second goal I am working on by running a Linux related website
(www.rhce2b.com).

Would I expect my RHCE certificate alone to get me a job?  Probably not in
and of itself.  But I am happy to say, that someone who liked my website has
recently offered to pay me to do some Linux related work.  Assuming that
they powers that be at my work approve it, then I will accept.  And All of
this work will go straight to my resume...  And by induction, I hope to do
more Linux related work, thus gaining more experience.

So, in conclusion, I recommend getting certified, and trying to increase
your experience.  It seems to be working for me so far.

Randy