Knowledge v Certification

I appears that several people have decided that learning Linux in a group
format is a good idea.  Let's not spend too much time arguing over the worth
of the outcome of such an endeavor.  If you get smart enough to get a
certification--but don't think it is worth the effort--don't get the
certification.  What was learned about Linux won't be lost.  I've learned a
lot on my own--much through my work with Unix at work.  But sometimes I wish
there was someone that I could turn to for help.  Especially after I have
spent weeks trying to solve a problem.  Randy made my first visit to the
SILUG well worth the two hours by helping me with a network problem I had
for weeks.  We have all been there and are bound to be there again.  If we
put our heads together we can lessen those occasions, learn from one
another, and certification can be an individual decision.

George Williams