From: Matthew Walker [mailto:Matthew.Walker@cstonesystems.com]
Sent: Friday, October 20, 2000 1:35 PM
To: 'silug-discuss@silug.org'
Subject: sendmail oddity

Help... I have a problem with sendmail that should be EASY to fix but
doesn't want to work right...  I had a single machine receiving email for a
domain. I've put in another machine that will be the primary mail server for
the domain and this one will be the secondary... I have configured DNS and
made sure that all the RELAY rules and such should work.  From the local
machine however, when i send email to user@domain, it only connects locally
despite everything I do.

I've verified that the domain that it keeps sending locally to is NOT in
/etc/sendmail.cw, it is not defined in the CW line... there is no mention of
the original domain ANYWHERE in sendmail.cf

Where else could sendmail (or more specifically the local mail proggie) be
thinking that the local machine accepts the mail for the domain locally
instead of looking it up?