Re: oops

Casey Boone said:
> 4.x is the first respectable version imo

4.0.1 is supposed to be quite stable.  I've been meaning to try it...
(I ran 3.9.18 for a while, but it had a couple of nasty bugs, so I
backed up to 3.3.something.  I haven't upgraded again since.)

> im wanting to say that gnome now uses the sawmill window manager (or
> sawtooth or something like that)

It's called "sawfish" now.  (It used to be sawmill.)

> on another note there is a desktop environment/window manager that supports
> gnome plugins and kde plugins but i have completely forgotten what it was.
> any ideas anyone?

You're probably thinking of WindowMaker.  I used to run WindowMaker
with both the KDE panel and the GNOME panel.  Everything worked great,
at least until the GNOME panel blew up.  Now I just run the KDE panel
and WindowMaker.

(618)398-7320             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month