SILUG Get Together

Hey everyone,

We've discussed recently about how SILUG is growing into chapters, our
original group from Carbondale and now a sister (brother? sibling?) group
in Fairview Heights. We also have our friends in Mt Vernon who are either
going to travel to attend, or perhaps we'll persuade them to also be a
'chapter'. For the east side of Southern Illinois, I'm from Mt Carmel, and
I have a friend there who I might cajole into hosting a SILUG-E group.

Anyhow, I think we should all meet, discuss what we'd like to do for our
group, and just otherwise socialize, like we geeks are just so darned good
at.

Me, being the social-bug that I am, propose to make this a family type
event, where (if you have them) you are welcome to bring along your
spouse, significant other, and/or children. I'd love to meet them.

I'm offering our home for this event. We have plenty of room (3600 sq ft)
and lots to do (inground swimming pool, lake, ping-pong, T1). (you can see
http://www.silug.org/~kara/pics/house/ if you're interested... No, I'm not
showing off ;) It's Linux (and LNUX) which helped us get this place,
so it's time to share.

I'm proposing a carry-in. Depending on how many people are interested in
coming, maybe a pass-the-hat, carry-in, or even sponsored meat(s).

Only question is, how many are interested, and when?

Here's the dates, I could theoretically do this (i think):

8/5 Sa
8/6 Su
8/12 Sa (not 8/13, due to leaving for LinuxWorld)
8/20 Su (not 8/19, due to just getting home)
8/26 Sa
8/27 Su

If you or your kids would like to swim, I'd recommend August, while it's
all still warm.

So, who's interested? How many in your party? What date(s) is convenient?
Any other suggestions/ideas?

- Kara