Re: Pine & email

On Mon, 8 Nov 1999, Matt Wehland wrote:
> I have a couple of more questions about email- Where does pine get it's
> information on mail servers (for sending mail)?  I assume that it uses
> sendmail as it's transport, does this then read from my fetchmail.rc, or
> have I actually set up my mail server address somewhere and forgotten it?

Heh, when you set up a machine that runs sendmail, you ARE your mail
server :) For your domain information, etc, you can edit your .pinerc, or
use the Setup options in the main Pine menu.

> Also can I easily configure my system to send mail from seperate accounts
> (without having seperate accounts on my machine?)

This, with pine, can be tricky. I think there's an option that allows you
to edit the "from" header in your email. Anyone else know that?

- Kara

Kara Pritchard                        	Phone: 217-698-1694
Red Hat Certified Engineer
Linux Users of Central Illinois		kara@luci.org
LUG Project Manager - Linux.com		kara@linux.com