Re: Heres a good Laptop Question...

David A. Glass said:
> So, I compile a standard 2.0 kernel to enable APM & it does the same
> thing... I compile a 2.2 kernel...same thing...

If APM is causing the problem, that's usually an indication of some
kind of BIOS problem...  Check to see if there's an update for your
BIOS.  That might magically fix it.  Otherwise, go into the BIOS
setup, make sure "Plug and Play OS" is set to no, and shut off
anything relating to power management.  If that fixes it, you can go
back and try turning some of the power management stuff on.

(217)698-1694             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month