Re: Heres a good Laptop Question...

> What distribution are you trying to load?  What exactly happens?

OK I have Redhat 5.2 installed & running fine now.. but I have no sound or
APM.. So I figured I would upgrade to Mandrake 6/Redhat 6..

When I do the install it goes smooth & perfect as expected..

Then I reboot & the kernel stops right after it checks the hard drive..
right before it checks the cdrom, and it goes no further..

So, I compile a standard 2.0 kernel to enable APM & it does the same
thing... I compile a 2.2 kernel...same thing...

So I don't know what I am missing...

--
David A. Glass
dglass@cc-solution.com