mySQL question

I have a free version of SCO Unixware [Hang on - stay with me a moment]
and I am trying to run the SCO port of mySQL.  The problem is there is
no 'mysql.host' file and I don't know how to create one.  I also cannot
find a mySQL usenet group and the Unixware forum is very little help.
Since there are so many Linux users using mySQL I was hoping I could get

an example of the 'mysql.host'  file from one of you.  {please?}

P.S. I have the O'Reilly mSQL & mySQL book but it doesn't mention the
'mysql.host' file.  I couldn't find an example on the mySQL web site
either.
I'm beginning to think it's an error oin the SCO port [there were
several others].