Intalling Linux

I am a new Linux user.  I have tried to install it on a second IDE Hard
Drive on my 486 system.  I have two problems.  First When the install
programs runs everything works until I get to the make a boot disk section.
 My system hangs and does not do anything.

I then decided to skip that step and make the disk later.  i have finished
the install and when I reboot LILO starts to load.  But I only get LI then
the system hangs.  I have read a few things that suggest making a /boot
partition on my HD but my drive is only 514 Meg so it shouldn't be a
problem.  If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this I would appreciate it.
 Linux looks like a great system.

Patrick Black
"Spontaneous Human Combustion......." -The BOBS-
"On my fity Kilowatt tree...." -The BOBS-
"Studying hard or hardly studying"
                               -Who Cares-

Patrick Black				ICQ# 8680867
OAS, AAS, LLS				http://www.mirabilis.com/8680867