Re: Everybody's playing Quake 2 but me

Casey Boone said:
> oh and btw id makes there software on linux first and then ports it over to
> windoze .... so if its made by id chances are its easy to find a linux
> version of the executable.

Actually, I understand that they do their development on NT at the
moment.  Some of the people there are Windoze weenies...

Quake 3 is being developed with portability in mind, so I'm sure they
are spending a lot of time developing on Linux & Mac in addition to NT
though.

Try a "finger johnc@idsoftware.com" to see some of what they're
working on.  It is interesting reading.

(217)698-1694             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month