Re: WordPrefect for Linux GZ

You can always run "file" on the file you've got to see what it is.

osiris:~$ tar -cf foo .xinitrc
osiris:~$ file foo
foo: GNU tar archive
osiris:~$ gzip -9 foo && mv foo.gz foo
osiris:~$ file foo
foo: gzip compressed data, deflated, original filename, last modified: Thu Jan  7 21:39:27 1999, max compression, os: Unix

BTW, I did get WP8 installed.  Actually, I had the tar file of it on
the ftp site at one point, but I had to get rid of it because of space
limitations.  (Which reminds me, it might be about time to pass around
the plate for a bigger disk for the ftp server...  :-)

(217)698-1694             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month