Re: Linux Install fest (Ride sharing)

On Thu, 16 Apr 1998, Matt Wehland wrote:

> Also any tips on what else to bring?

Anything you would like to bring is great.  Just be sure, if you bring
CD's or anything to mark your name on them somewhere.  This way if
anything gets missplaced, or left behind, we'll have better chances of
returning the items.

> My biggest problem is that I have absolutely no free disk space, but I'll
> take care of that before Sat.

Okay, good.  If you have the opportunity to back-up any and all
irreplacable data, please do so.  We *may* have the capability to do some
back-ups, but we won't know until Saturday, really.

> What kind of network cabling will they have?  I have no network cables in
> the house (althouhg I do have a handful of RG58 connectors, maybe even some
> cable)

We're doing mostly 10bT for the networking.  We do have the UTP Cat5 wire
that we pulled from our old office, so *hopefully* we'll have some spare
cables.  We will have a 16port, an 8 port and a switch available.  So, if
you have a hub, I'm sure we'll be able to use it! Again, make sure to ID it.

Kara Pritchard
LUCI Coordinator