Re: upgrades to web.lanscape.net

Joe Alan Mackey said:
> I am a short time lurker,  nothing sinister just too new to make any
> noise,and saw your note about tape drives in the server
> I have two or three smaller drives in the goodie bin how much do you want
> on one tape?
> If 250 mb or maybe some bigger will do, have I got a deal for you

I'm pretty sure 250 meg wouldn't be big enough.  I'm not sure what
would actually be necessary, to be honest.  If I can raise a little
money, I could get a cheap 8 gig tape drive for less than $200, as I
recall.  Of course, if I can't raise the money, anything would be
better than nothing.  :-)

> Question about this installfest for Saturday
> Is this open to outsiders and just what is going to happen and where
> starting when?

Like Kara said, everyone is welcome.  Besides installing lots of
Linux, we'll have the boxes acting as servers doubling as a cluster
doing povray rendering.  Also, we'll have reps from Red Hat, SSC (the
Linux Journal people), InfoMagic, and possibly S.u.S.E.  (We're hoping
for Caldera too, but we haven't heard anything from them yet.)  There
will be other stuff too...  If we seem a little disorganized, it's
because we're still in shock that we're getting all these people in.  :-)

I'm starting to think this thing is going to be *huge*.  I guess
timing is everything.  :-)

BTW, looks like I'll be going up to Comdex on Monday (20th).  Anybody
else heading up there?

(217)698-1694             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month