Re: Genoa Phantom 64 DX

Matthew P Walker said:
> Has anyone had any experience with these cards.. I bought one because it
> was dirt cheap ($10 + shipping)... It says it uses an S3 868/Trio64+
> Chipset... when I install the S3 X server, and do an xf86config to the best
> of my knowlege, I get
>
> (--) S3: PCI: unknown (please report), ID 0x8901 rev 14, Linear FB &
> 0xe00000000
> (--) S3: Unknown S3 chipset: chip_id = 0x1e1 rev. 141

That's odd...  What version of XFree86 do you have installed?  You
probably need to upgrade...  The support for those cards was added in
one of the fairly recent versions of XFree86, I think.

> Does this mean I'm just out of luck with this card, or if it uses the S3
> chipset, *shouldnt* it be pretty much supported?

AFAIK, that specific chipset is supported.

Try upgrading to a more recent version of XFree86.  Also, if at all
possible, run XF86Setup instead of xf86config.

(217)698-1694             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month