Re: asclock

On Fri, 20 Feb 1998, Steven Pritchard wrote:

> KoReE said:
> > For those of you playing with WindowMaker and Afterstep, what might cause
> > asclock's time to be set completely wrong, even if the system and bios
> > time is set correctly?  Example, my system clock is correct, as well as my
> > bios clock, and yet, asclock seems to set the time approx. (though not
> > exactly) 12 hours ahead.  Any ideas?  Oh yeah, and where can I find source
> > code for this bugger.
>
> I'd bet you've got a zoneinfo problem...  I think there is some info
> about it in Red Hat's errata.  (This is on RH 5, right?)  This is
> another one of those things that's not quite compatible between glibc
> and libc5.

Yep, this is exactly the problem.  I found that the source code for
asclock is in the newest source tree for WindowMaker, but it doesn't
compile/install via the root-level Makefile.  So, I compiled and intalled
it, and guess what, the time is right now.  This seems to me like it isn't
a really positive thing for glibc.

Koree