[?] installing the sources

I am a newbie, so I am prone to ask obvious questions. Sorry. I have
installed Red Hat Linux 5.0 to my system, and all seems to be working
well now. I would like to compile the kernel. The manual states that
I need to install the "kernel-headers and kernel-source" before com-
piling the kernel. How do I do that? I've copied the file

     kernel-2.0.32-2.src.rpm

from the 2nd CD to /usr/src/linux and tried to run rpm on it, which
did not work (I believe). Since I don't have much experience with
rpm, I am probably doing something wrong. So, I was wondering if
someone could explain to me (step by step) how to install the kernel
sources. Thanks a lot in advance. Best, FC.

--
Francisco Cribari-Neto           voice: +618-4535062
Assistant Professor              fax:   +618-4532717

                 Eat well, exercise, and die anyway.