Re: Lilo: Sorry don't know how to handle device 0x0100

On Sun, 7 Dec 1997, Steven Pritchard wrote:

> One thing about Red Hat...  They are modularizing drivers for
> everything now, so in order to boot you have to make sure you load the
> initrd (initial ram disk).  Take a look at their "autoboot.bat" for
> booting with loadlin from DOS to see what the proper syntax is for
> loadlin.  (I've never used loadlin with an initrd, but supposedly the
> lastest version supports it.)
>
> Steve

Thanks:  I did manage to get it booted.  It didn't click just what initrd.img
was until your helpful note.  from DOS loadlin with the kernel and the
initrd.img FROM THE INSTALL managed to get it booted.  [There were too many
initrd's running around, and the first two guesses the other day weren't the
right ones.]  BTW, I am at work and may have the stuff slightly wrong, but I
did manage to get RH5.0 booted last night!