Wired's Article on Pentium Bug

The wired article on the Pentium bug at
"http://www.wired.com/news/news/technology/story/8577.html" says that BSD was
the first to release a software patch that fixed the bug.  It then says this:

"Shortly after Berkeley's patch was posted, the Linux community reverse
engineered it, wrote its own version, then posted the source code to
mailing lists. Others, including Microsoft, are expected to follow suit
shortly. "

Now, I may be paranoid, but this makes it sound like the Linux Community is a
bunch of leeches.  My question is, did the Linux kernel guys really reverse
engineer the patch?  Or, did they come up with their own work around?  has
anyone been watching the linux-kernel list?

Koree

Koree A. Smith
--
Development Programmer, CMAC, Inc.