Transferring contents /home to new partition

	I have installed linux onto to a single partition (yes I know, a major
no-no). Anyways, I am wanting to add more space to linux system by simply
repartitioning my working dos partition into 2 parts. I was wondering how I
can take the newly gained partition and transfer the contents of /home from
the original linux partition to my newly formed partition? The reason I ask
this question is because Linux (or Unix in general) interprets multiple
partitions as one fixed disk (at least from the standpoint of typing 'ls'
from the root directory). Any ideas, hints or tips would be greatly
appreciated!

								Tony