Re: Fedora 32 Final is GO (fwd)

Steve,

That's the message I've been looking for. Guess I need to join one more
list. The F32 release appears to have taken a lot of extra effort to
hammer out b a bare bones developer team with less hardware than
they're accustomed to having.

I've attached two shell =scripts that should be usable after 10am CDT
next Tuesday. Edit the two local variables to match your system. Put
them in /usr/local/bin, chown them to root:root, and chmod them to 755.
Do the same to Steve's linkdups utility that both scripts use.

Even with a 50Mbps connection, this will take 2-3 days to pull the
whole generability release tree. Note that my scripts block the i386,
older armhfp, and all debug packages. Those blocks are easy to knock
out if you wish.

Some may ask why bulid a local copy of the repository. If you have two
or more F32 systems, you can edit your /etc/yum.repos.d/ files to point
to your local repo. cron the update script at midnight on your repo
machine, followed by dnf -y update at about 3am on all systems. You'll
minimize your wideband footprint and keep all your systems updated. No
sweat.

--Doc Savage
  Fairview Heights, IL

On Thu, 2020-04-23 at 13:03 -0500, Steven Pritchard wrote:
> For those of you who are interested in Fedora, there should be a new
> release next Tuesday.
>
> ----- Forwarded message from Ben Cotton <bcotton@redhat.com> -----
>
> Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2020 13:35:16 -0400
> From: Ben Cotton <bcotton@redhat.com>
> To: logistics@lists.fedoraproject.org,
> test-announce@lists.fedoraproject.org,
> 	devel-announce@lists.fedoraproject.org
> Cc: Matthew Miller <mattdm@redhat.com>, Chelsea Lawrence <
> clawrence@redhat.com>
> Subject: Fedora 32 Final is GO
>
> The Fedora 32 Final RC1.6 compose [1] is GO and will be shipped live
> on Tuesday, 28 April 2020.
>
> For more information please check the Go/No-Go meeting minutes [2] or
> logs [3].
>
> Thank you to everyone who has worked on this release and getting it
> out on time.
>
> [1] https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/32_RC-1.6/
> [2]
> https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-1/2020-04-23/f32-final-go_no_go-meeting.2020-04-23-17.00.html