Re: Important bug

-----Original Message-----
From: John Williams <john@veloshots.com>
To: silug-discuss@silug.org <silug-discuss@silug.org>
Subject: Re: Important bug
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 08:41:56 -0500

Does it affect any other services besides Samba?

-J
On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 8:36 PM, Robert G. (Doc) Savage <dsavage@peaknet.net> wrote:
I'm taking care of a CentOS 7 system for a local architect. It's running as a Samba 4 fileserver for Windows and Apple workstations. Friday night I tried a tip from ITSprite.com:

http://www.itsprite.com/centos-7-change-network-interface-name-from/

This describes how to rename the default motherboard Ethernet port from "em1" back to "eth0". It works, but it also breaks Samba. All workstations will lose the ability to browse for network printers and files. I haven't dug into the why, so just beware.

--Doc

John,

Frankly your question pisses me off. I've shared my discovery of a newly discovered problem and you want more. Why don't you find out yourself?

--Doc