Pod upgrade

The folks at 45drives.com have announced a new v4.0 storage pod based on a pair of HighPoint Technologies Rocket 750 40-port SATA-III host bus adapters and a new backplane. These replace three ordinary 4-port SATA-II cards and nine 1x5 SATA-II port expander backplanes.

Best of all, they're offering a v3.0-to-v4.0 upgrade package for existing customers. I just ordered it, and if it ships in time maybe we can install it at SILUG's Saturday meeting on July 20.

--Doc