Re: Storage pod

On Thu, 2013-10-17 at 09:06 -0500, Brian Elder wrote:
> Doc, I am super jealous!
> Take some pics and share with the group! I'd love to see yours in
> action if you can.
> I'm surprised you didn't order it with a blank boot drive and do your
> own install - any particular reason why?
> ~Brian
> --
> Brian Elder

Brian,

I wanted to make sure the box was 100% functional from day one. When you
change one major component like the motherboard, you never know if
something like a different BIOS or hardware interrupts will cause subtle
problems. And don't forget the nine very unusual pieces of hardware. For
all I know, they need a driver I don't know about.

I may yet plow under the original install and roll my own.

--Doc