Re: Partitioning >2.2 TB drives

On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 1:19 PM, Robert G. (Doc) Savage
<dsavage@peaknet.net> wrote:
> Is it possible to partition and format a hard drive larger than 2.2 TB
> with a USB2 adapter

Yes.  For example on a Dell PowerEdge R410 system running Ubuntu 10.04.:

# parted /dev/sde print
Warning: Device /dev/sde has a logical sector size of 4096.  Not all
parts of GNU Parted support this at the moment, and
the working code is HIGHLY EXPERIMENTAL.

Model: WD My Book 1140 (scsi)
Disk /dev/sde: 3001GB
Sector size (logical/physical): 4096B/4096B
Partition Table: gpt

Number  Start   End     Size    File system  Name     Flags
 1      1049kB  3001GB  3001GB               primary

# df -hTl /mnt/external.3TB/
Filesystem    Type    Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/mapper/securebackup
              ext4    2.7T  2.4T  338G  88% /mnt/external.3TB

> ... on a CentOS 6.4 machine with a BIOS motherboard?

That I do not know.  What does /proc/partitions say for the drive?
What commands did you issue to create the partition?

Regards,
- Robert