Relationship between RHEL and Fedora

I've been away from the Red Hat ecosystem for some time (I've been using Debian/Ubuntu) and I remember this list had some Red Hat focused people on it. I'm trying to find out what the relationship is between Fedora and Red Hat's enterprise offering. Let me explain a little background.

I work on a project that distributes a set of static binary libraries and a code generation engine to create some C++ code, compile it (with gcc), link it with those libraries, and run it. So, for the OSs/distributions we support, we usually build those libraries on the target platform and distribute them in several OS/distro specific packages. We have a new customer that we need to make happy who wants our tool on RHEL 5.8.

My question is, do we need to just buy RHEL 5.8 and build it like we always do it. Or, is there a version of Fedora that lines up with RHEL 5.8 in terms of gcc and library versions? Does Fedora and RHEL use the same or similar package repositories?

Thanks,
Ken

--
Forti et Fordeli nihil difficile – Nothing is difficult to the brave and faithful.