ThinkPad is done

I had some doubts about installing F15 and GNOME3 on my old 32-bit
ThinkPad A22p. There is no longer any doubt.

After burning a booting a 32-bit F15 installation DVD, the process
stopped cold at this line:

[    7.076671] Trying to unpack rootfs image as initramfs...

No further disk activity. No errors.

Kam Leo on the Fedora users mail list encountered the same problem on
Wednesday:

"I tried upgrading my system using the DVD, Netinstall CD, and
Preupgrade. Each time boot got stuck at the line "Trying to unpack
rootfs image as initramfs...". It seems that the installer files have
gotten fatter and more memory is required.

"This is a known problem,
http://fossplanet.com/f13/fedora-15-i386-netinst-iso-problems-158445/ ,
but no one on the Fedora QA or Documentation team thought it was
material to add to the Release Notes."

So it looks like that old road warrior will get F14 updates for another
year. After that, who knows?

--Doc