Fedora 15 LXDE

Ok, so tonight I tried installing Fedora 15 Gnome on my 8 year old laptop, but it didn't work so well since Gnome 3 couldn't start due to my graphics adapter (although it worked fine in Fedora 14), so I tried installing Fedora 15 LXDE and had much better results. Any way, after running yum update, I tried to install Google Chrome since I prefer it over FireFox, but I noticed that I didn't have the opton to automatically install it with a package manager, only download it. Once downloaded, I tried to open it via the GUI and it brought up a screen asking me what application I wanted to use to open the rpm. It didn't even know how to install a rpm!! I then tried to install it via the command line, but it failed because the package was dependent on others. After looking around in the Administration menu, there does not seem to be any package manager installed. How can this be? I've used many different versions of Linux before, but none that didn't have a package manager or didn't know how to install it's own native binaries. Is this typical for LXDE?  I don't get it.

Kevin