Re: Fedora 15 general availability release

On Mon, 2011-05-23 at 22:11 -0500, Robert G. (Doc) Savage wrote:
> The new F15 will be released Tuesday, May 24. The attached script and
> duplicate file linker utility may be used to fetch the entire general
> availability release starting at about 9am CDT. Save them
> to /usr/local/bin, chmod them to 755, and chown them to root:root,
> Edit the two LOCAL_DEST and LOCAL_USER environment variables to
> reasonable values for your system.
>
> Enjoy,
> --Doc

There's one minor edit needed in the banner field. When I posted the
download script I didn't yet know how many files or how large the
general release total download would be. Here's the correct line:

echo "* Total files: 110086    Total disk space: 78 GB                                *"

Even with a fast ISP connection this will take over 24 hours.

--Doc