Re: CentOS 5.5 in VMware Wkstn 7.1.3

On Wed, 2011-02-09 at 15:25 -0600, Nathaniel R. Reindl wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 9:42 PM, Robert G. (Doc) Savage
> > While mounted?
>
> This only works when the filesystem is ext3.  I mean, you're free to
> try it, but I would really advise that you unmount the volume before
> mangling it.

Nate,

Remember, this is a virtual machine hosted under Win7. The /dev/sda2 "/"
partition is ext3, and /sbin/resize2fs would be run from that partition.
It may be possible to copy that utility to /boot (/dev/sda1) and run it
from there with / unmounted, but there's no way to do this from a
liveCD.

--Doc