Re: CentOS 5.5 in VMware Wkstn 7.1.3

On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 12:49 AM, Robert G. (Doc) Savage
<dsavage@peaknet.net> wrote:
> Has anyone here logged any recent installation time with CentOS 5.5 under
> VMware/W? After three troubled attempts I discovered that by default it's
> allocating far more disk space to /home than to / -- so much so that I can't
> install OpenOffice, Java, or anything else requiring a significant amount of
> space.

My CentOS 5.5 burns are usually done with a ks.cfg that allocates a
couple of logical volumes within 15GB no matter the size of the
underlying physical volume.  After that, I'm able to
lvresize+e2resizefs to my heart's content.  You might want to
investigate doing something similar to this anyway given what I'm
reading in the rest of this thread.

(In an unrelated tangent, who's waiting for CentOS 6?)

-nrr