Re: CentOS 5.5 in VMware Wkstn 7.1.3

On Sat, 2011-02-05 at 11:39 -0600, Tighe wrote:
> Doc,
>   Are you allowing the autogrowth for partitions or are you hand creating your virtual disks and adding them a part of the installation?  I had an issues with the Fedora 14 autoinstall such that I ended up going back by hand and moving a ton of things around.

Neither. The problem seems to be (not really sure) that VM/W has its own
peculiar notion of setting up multiple partitions for CentOS with a
custom kickstart. I've always preferred one big / filesystem with
small /boot hung off on the side -- especially for virtual machines. The
last time I tried a recommended 20GB install, it did something like
this:

/boot	300MB
/	3.7GB
/home	17GB

This makes it impossible to add OpenOffice.org, the Java group, eclipse,
and any of the other beached whales.

If CentOS allows a review and edit of disk partitions before getting
underway, I'm not seeing when/where. I do this all the time in RHEL, so
I'm quite surprised I don't see it. If what I'm seeing is caused by a
"CentOS 64-bit" kickstart configuration in VMware Workstation, where is
it and how do I change it?

--Doc