Hard drive testing?

I fear my 1 TB Western Digital HDD of less than 6 months of age is failing, in Ubuntu and Fedora no issues, just random lag time, however in Windows it blue screens, even while hibernating (and usually while hibernating so no codes are written down).  If it is dieing that's not so bad as all my other hardware in my nearly 2 year old rig seems fine, and any major data is backed up, however this would make a second dead hard drive in this system (last drive was a 500 GB Seagate that died due to circuit board failure).  Any suggestions on how to diagnose would be much appreciated.

--
"You must control your future by taking command of your present, and fixing and learning from your past."

"When history is forgotten people don't realize when it repeats."

"Я - тот. Я - всемогущее. Я буду управлять по всем."