Re: Linux Distros

For those of you who run Fedora, how would you describe its hardware
compatibility?  The reason I ask is because I have an older laptop (got
it in 2003) that has an ATI Mobility 9000 chipset.  I used to use Ubuntu
on my laptop, but it seems they have dropped support for this card
because I've had lots of problems with Ubuntu and graphics since 9.10.
I haven't been able to use 3D acceleration or advanced desktop effects
since Ubuntu 8.10.  I couldn't even get 10.04 to install correctly.  I
switched to Linux Mint and I had no problems at all.  I still can't get
advanced features from my graphics chipset (it seems to be using a
standard VGA driver), but at least I can do most of the things I need
to.  Anyway, I was thinking of installing Fedora 14 on this laptop in a
dual-boot with Linux Mint to see how I like it.  It works fine in a
virtual machine, but that's not always an accurate depiction of how it
will work once actually installed.

Kevin