Re: Red Hat vs Debian distros

I tend to live in the Debian-based world. I've had great success upgrading from version to version using dist-upgrade without breakage. I've also never had to worry about version conflict. This may just be a Debian/Ubuntu release engineering thing. With Fedora/Mandriva/Suse I seemed to always run into package conflicts. However, they've all become very polished, so it's mostly a preference at this point.