Re: symlink error

Craig,

   It would seem that you are attempting to create a link to
/home/htpc/Videos at /usr/share/Movies/ called "dvd". From what I can
tell, it looks like there is a directory in the Movies folder though
called "dvd" already, so, when you use that syntax, it's defaulting to
the name of the original directory "Videos" in the dvd folder. But it
appears that that already exists as well. When you do an 'ls -l' on the
/usr/share/Movies directory, what does "dvd" point to? My guess is
/home/htpc. If so, it would look something like this:

lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root           7 2009-07-05 14:55 dvd -> /home/htpc

Please let us know what the case is...

-Anderson

--
|        Anderson Manly          |